Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Motivating Weight Loss

By Mary Mason-Shields

Over the past several years, I have been high strung in the weight loss game and motivation was never a factor that I considered. Motivating weight loss was so far removed from my mind. Without motivating my weight loss, I was on a roller coaster ride of up and down weight loss and weight gain. It was not until the recent past that I realized I needed motivation to be successful in my quest for losing my unwanted pounds. I have since discovered what was missing from my mission of losing weight and wished that I could have discovered this fact a lot sooner. As usual, I resolved to lose weight again in 2007. I had no idea of what or how I was going to tackle this feat as I had resolved to lose weight for so many years with no results. At the beginning of 2007, I had a doctor’s appointment that resulted in a startling revelation. I was overweight! (Yeah right) I was about 80 pounds overweight! The feelings that made an appearance were horror, anger, depression and the list goes on and on. Three days after my doctor’s appointment, my mind was made up – I will lose 80 pounds during 2007 one-way or another. I still did not know how I was going to do it. Then my mind went to something I never dreamed of before. I started a fast and my motivation for weight loss was found!

I lost fifteen pounds during my five-day fast and I have been losing one to one and one half pounds per week since my fast. The fast motivated me to lose the 80 pounds and the fast gave me the stamina to get through this. I will reach my goal by December 2007.

I am not looking for any specific diet plan because I lost the taste for a lot of the foods I was eating before my fast. My fast has helped me learn how to eat healthy. Eating healthy is helping me to lose weight. I eat as low glycemic as I can. I have stopped eating and drinking ‘empty’ calories. I have added fruits and vegetables to my daily diet. Without the fruit I have put into my diet, I would be experiencing the weakness that usually accompanies a diet regimen.

Several reasons prohibited me from losing weight. One reason was the weakness that accompanied dieting after a short while. Another reason was the fact that I had poisoned my mind into thinking if I did not eat, I would get a terrible headache. Of course, each time I tried to lose weight, I would get a severe headache. Also, whenever I attempted to lose weight, I would get so nervous. All of these situations were prevalent whenever I tried to lose weight and I know now they were just excuses.

I have been motivated to lose weight, motivated to eat healthily and motivated to incorporate fruits into my weight loss regimen. From all I have learned, fruits are the best source of energy. I have stopped drinking diet cola and I drink only water. Before I found the motivation to lose weight, I would only drink about two glasses of water per week, if I drank any water at all. I preferred to drink diet cola.

Now that I have gotten myself motivated to lose weight, there is a great possibility that I will “step up” my weight loss regimen and reach my goal before December 2007.

This article was written by Mary Mason-Shields, an independent distributor for a major health and wellness company. http://www.marymshields.usana.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mary_Mason-Shields

No comments:

Loading...